Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

charge rates 9303

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 12:43 AM
bluemagic98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charge rates 9303

I have a triton charger and i was wondering how fast i can charg this radio at the field. I just got the radio and i charged it over night and most of the next day and i setup all the servos on the bench before plugging in the servos i had mounted in the plane. all went well I had to setup a throtle and choke servo. and when i took the plane outside for a test run of the engine and the battery warning went off. I had less than an hour on the radio coser to 40 min. I was pretty disapointed. I took the triton charger out I had previously setup a reversed polarity connector as I had been told to do so in this forum and i charger the TX at 0.6amps or 600ma. I decided to se how long it would last with this charge on it and plat with some of the functions of the radio. Im verry impressed with this radio. The radio lasted 1 hour 45min This was a much better result. I dont want to have any problems with fuses or anything where i have to send this thing in for repair due to my misinformed acctions so my question is how much current can i put to this radio to charge it at the field? and how much current should i put to it at home for average use?
Old 04-11-2005, 09:04 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: charge rates 9303

Battery performance generally increases after getting a few cycles on the battery and get it conditioned. I generally do not recommend charging a transmitter over 1 amp. The higher the charge rate you use, likely the less mah you will put into the batttery so you will get less time than with a slow charge.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:48 PM
bluemagic98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 amp seems good and almost 2 hours is better than I had expected. all i need to do now is learn flight modes. I wanted to thank you for making this one of the better decisions Ive made I love this radio.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:00 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to hear!