Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 mixing - several questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 10:07 PM
dasmith232

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 mixing - several questions

I have some questions about mixing on the 9303.

BUTTON MIXING:

On my 10SX, I have an elevator->elevator mix assigned to the snap button. When I'm going into a stall/spin, I can hold the button to get more throw and go into the stall deeper. As soon as I let go of the button, I'm back to my "normal" throws for the recovery without having to find/throw a toggle switch while I'm busy flying the plane. It's like a "momentary" hi-rate switch.

On my new 9303 (which I've just purchased), I've heard that the button can be used to "toggle" things, but the manual seems pretty weak in explaining this.

1) On my 9303, can I use the button as a temporary (only while I'm holding it) switch for a mix?

2) Is there some other exotic or esoteric way to get a temporary mix like what I'm trying to do?

3) Is there better (any?) documentation or hints on how to use the button for on/off mixes (idle up)?

INCLUDE MIXING:

On my 10SX, it's easy. Every mix explictly lets you set include, origin, trim include, etc. On my 783, it's not obvious until you read the manual that only mixes E and F support "include" mixing, but it's there. On the 9303, I can't find any way to set up an "include" mix. (On the other hand, the programming is getting better so I don't need to do includes as much any more!)

1) On my 9303, can I create an "include" mix?

FLAPERON "MIXING":

When the wing type is set to flaperon, I already know that the right aileron goes into channel 2 and the left goes into 6. I was expecting (on the device select screen) to see the aileron "mated" to channel 6 (without the ability to change it) as long as "flaperon" is selected. This seems a bit counter-intuitive to me.

1) There's no question here, just a comment about the programming.

ORIGIN MIXING:

The "airplane" version of the manual does a poor job of describing "origin" mixing. Fortunately, I've downloaded the other manual types (sailplane, helicopter). By reading all of the manuals, I can find out more about the airplane version of the radio. Using "#ELEV" (instead of ELEV) is the same as ELEV with the ORIGIN option set on my 10SX.

1) There's no question here, just a comment about the documentation.

Thanks for your time in reading this.

Dave.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:20 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9303 mixing - several questions

1. For a mix, no it is not possible. The button works as a press for on, press again for off for mixing. Also to use the button, it must be selected as the master "channel" so you wouldn't be able to set up an elevator to elevator mix to get more throw in one position of the button.

2. The only way to do this would either be through the rates and/or flight modes, or through another switch through an elevator to elevator mix assigned to a switch.

3. You only need to set up a BUTN to throttle mix, and set the rate.

1. In aircraft mode, no include mixes are available. Include mixes are generally not necessary with the dual functions available in wing type. Include mixes in other modes are designated with a + sign in front of the channel.

Device select doesn't designate what channel is mixed to what so this information is not displayed there, this is shown in wing type, and then functions are re-named to their corresponding functions (travel adjust, servo monitor, sub trim, etc) in the function list.

I'll make a note of it.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:59 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Trainer Button can be setup to act as a momentary switch in an indirect manner. The trick is to select the BUTN to activate an unused channel in the DeviceSEL menu. Then use that channel as the Master in the PROG Mix menu. I use this for a throttle kill and it works great. For your application, it will not be the same as mixing elevator to elevator. Instead it is a constant input added to the elevator stick position.

In the DeviceSEL menu select an unused channel such as AUX4 and have it activated by BUTN. It might be a good idea to INH the output for AUX4.

Then go to a programable mixer menu; PROG.Mix3 will work. Set the Master channel as AUX4 and the ELEV as the Slave channel. When you push the Trainer Button you will notice that the bar to the right of the PROG.Mix3>0 will drop when you push the button and rises when you release it. Under the Pos0 set the top mix to 0% and the lower value to 100% (or some other value you find more appropriate) For Pos1 leave both mixing values at 0%. You will probably want to leave all the Select Switches in the zero position except for the GER. This will act as safety switch to prevent you from accidentally changing the elevator while landing.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:29 PM
dasmith232

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I haven't quite worked it out yet, but it seems that I may be able to (eventually) figure out the elev->elev with some creativity...!

Dave.