Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Grolen
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8231

Hi Danny - I have 8231 on ailerons in an Excelleron 90 (thought this would be a good match and came with 10X). Had a total of three flights maybe 15 minutes, low speed trimming. Two 8231 have died (I think gears are dead); one on the first and one on the third (after replaced) on opposite ailerons. Not doing anything wild aloop, couple of rolls no more than 1/2 throttle. ~4 inch 4-40 linkage to control surface. Gaps sealed on top and bottom. Suggestions/help?

Thanks Len
Old 04-18-2005, 09:26 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8231

It could be that the mechanical advantage is low and there is excessive force on the servo, or perhaps you are getting a bit of flutter. It may be that you are either too far out on the servo arm, or too close in on the control horn. You may need to either move in on the servo arm, or out on the control horn to increase mechanical advantage. Then use travel adjust to increase throw as required.