Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

y harness or not.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 11:27 AM
freebird 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default y harness or not.

Hello Danny....I am in the process of building my first 2 servo in wings aileron model plane.I have the XF421ex and a R700 receiver,can this be programmed to mix the ailerons?If so how ,or do i need a y-harness.

thanks for time and help....Stephen.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:35 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can go to the wing type in the system mode, and turn on the flapperon function, then go to the travel adjust screen and zero the travel with the flap switch in the direction that the flaps would go up to make sure the servos get centered in their true center. If you need assistance setting this up, please give one of our techs a call at 877-504-0233.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:07 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default y harness???

I got same question as freebird 2. The only thing different my radio is a JR 347. Thanks John
Old 09-30-2002, 01:17 PM
dsnyder

The 347 has the flapperon function as well, only with the 347 I would recommend instead of zeroing the flap travel, go to an open programmable mix, mix channel 6 to 6, and make the values -100% both sides to eliminate the pot.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:28 PM
captinjohn

Default Y harness??

dsnyder: Thanks for the reply. Next Question. Can I do the same thing on elevator channel. I have a split elevator with a Y-harness and one side of the elevator does not work at all sometimes. I have not flow it since. Or is it best to use one big servo and do away with y-harness that way? I am using a pcm rec. Am thinking going to anew fm rec. Thanks John
Old 09-30-2002, 01:33 PM
dsnyder

The 347 does not have an include mix, so if you mix elevators together, the elevator trim will not work the slaved channel. In this case it is best to either use a Y harness more than likely a reversing Y will be needed, or to use a matchbox.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:52 PM
captinjohn

Default Y-Harness

I have a Y-harness now(with a devise shrink wrapped in it) and I think that is why the one elev servo does not work sometimes. How do I check this out and find what the cause is? How reliable are the harnesses compared to standard servoes? How about a regular harness and reverse one servo somehow? Thanks John
Old 09-30-2002, 02:21 PM
dsnyder

John,
I would suggest getting a new Y harness. You can also get servos reversed, and we can also reverse JR servos in our serivce center with the exception of a couple of the small JR servos like the 341, 351, 368, and 241.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:21 PM
captinjohn

Default Y -Harness

dsnyder: I do have an extra y-harness. I got it whith a plane that I bought used. That harness semmed to work ok. Maby I will install it and see if that makes a differance. I have an ohm meter and extra pigtails I can plug in to each end of y-harness. Would I be able to compare both with a ohm-meter and find a clue to whats happening with the one that appears to not fuction all the time? Thanks John P.S. are there two types of harnesses made by JR? Like one regular and one reversing?
Old 09-30-2002, 03:23 PM
dsnyder

Possibly, it is difficult to say for sure though. Particularly if it is intermittent.