Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Charger/Cycler for JR

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 10:50 PM
mgm52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger/Cycler for JR

Danny, I know the proper chargeing and cyceling is very inportant to the life of the NiCd batterys used in all JR systems . What C/C system would you recomend? Do you have to remove the TX battery to do a discharge cycle or will the radio permit it .i read most new radio system won't discharge through the charge jack. Also i have been to the LHS and have looked at the 6102 and the 8103 , the first thing the guy said was to jerk the TX battery and up grade to a NiMh battery as he said the display screens pull the TX battery down too quick. Is this good information or is he try to sell me a more expensive TX battery for no good reason . If i should upgrade to what do you recomend? In the Horizon catalog the Tx and RX pack are not given just (charger and sanyo pack) in the down load manuals the 8103 states the airborn pack is 4N-600 mAh and the TX is 550 mAh this seems small to me. Has it been upgraded. Is the on line manual outdated ,same for the 6102 the Rx is listed as 1100mAh (good) and the TX at 600mAh
What is correct ? Why would the 6102 have Larger mAh packs.

thanks
mike
Old 05-09-2005, 10:09 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Charger/Cycler for JR

If you don't drain the battery at the field there would be no need to upgrade the battery. For a cycler, I would recommend either the Hangar 9 Sure Cycle, or either the E-Flight Pinnacle or Pinnacle+. The Pinnacle or Pinnacle+ chargers are very versatle chagers that I use quite often. Battery size in the system is dependant on cost factors in packaging the system. The largest mah TX pack we have available is part number EXRB350 which is 1500 mah. You do not need to remove the battery pack to cycle it, but it may be a good idea to pull the battery cover to allow the battery to cool. You can find more information on the various systems and what the include here:

http://www.jrradios.com/