Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Dual Rates

Old 05-11-2005, 05:55 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Rates

[8D]Here is my problem....I have set up to use Flaperons..... Right Aileron servo installed into pin connection #2, Left Aileron servo installed into connection #6. The trim affects both the right and left servo.....Problem: Dual Rates work only on the right servo..when the stick is moved to the right..no effect on the left servo. When the stick is moved to the left the dual rate works on the left side, but not on the right....What have I done wrong.....
TX: 10S RX: 549 Servo: DS811 (Jitters)
Old 05-16-2005, 01:20 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dual Rates

Have you inhibited the flap lever in code 17? If not, inhibit it, and recenter your servos. You may be simply running out of servo travel.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:51 PM
codimasta

Hi ! Well Trimmer Function, Cross Trim INH, Flap Lever INH, Aux#3 Lever INH...This was done before the setup.
Aileron Sub Trim R-11, Flap (6) sub trim -7, with this little I don't think that I ran out off trim ?
WING TYPE DIF - RATE
Flaperon + 0
Would this have an effect ?
Would replacing the receiver with 649S (PCM) stop the servo jitters....DS-811 ?

Thanks,
Larry
AMA 11269
Old 05-17-2005, 09:37 AM
dsnyder

What are your travel adjust settings on those 2 channels? You may need to send the system in for a check up.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:17 PM
codimasta

Thanks, How stupid can one get...the travel adjustment was at 150....reduced it and reconnect the
control rod to a lower hole, I have the correct throws & the dual rates work..Thanks

One other question would changing the receiver from PPM to PCM get rid of the servo jitters DS-811)..at the present time it is hook up to the JR 549, would it get rid of the jitters with JR 649S PCM ?

Again thanks,

Larry
Old 05-18-2005, 09:05 AM
dsnyder

Sorry, I missed that question. The 549 receiver can have issues with multiple digital servos, a different receiver may help. The 811 however has a single ball bearing on the output gear rather than a dual bearing set up, which allows a little play in the output gear. This play combined with the high performance of the 811 servo with large throws can at times cause some jittering. If you can lightly touch the control surface while this is happening and it stops, it will not cause any problems in the air because the air loads in flight will prevent it from happening.