Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Using exponential feature

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 03:57 PM
HighRoller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using exponential feature

Hi, Danny I was just wondering if you could tell me in lamens terms how to use my exponential feature IE good starting point? I see that several professional pilots use this feature and I'm just curious as to the benifit? My only guess would be better precision but maybe you can help me. I'm fairly new to the hobby and when I was taught to fly I learned without expo but if using this feature will improve my flying I want to learn how to use it correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:52 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Using exponential feature

The need for expo is generally dependent on the type of model and how reactive or sensitive you as the pilot like the controls. Expo is generally used to soften or reduce the control sensitivity at around center stick, yet retain full throw for aerobatics etc. Expo alters the curve of response to the control stick, i.e. it adjusts how much the control surface will move for a given stick movement in between center stick and full stick and adjusts the "feel" of the aircraft. Generally the more aerobatic, 3D and high performance aircraft require more expo than the average sport model to fly smoothly. I have seen pilots who prefer to have very sensitive controls however, while some other pilots prefer very soft controls. This is dependent on personal preference and flying style more than anything else. Using the expo function, allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the model to match your personal taste and make you able to fly the aircraft more precisely.