Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR Receivers

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:56 AM
RCP57
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Receivers

Danny

Other than the amount of channels are there any real differences between the S-PCM receivers. The parts I'm looking at are:

R770
R649
R955

I moved this from another forum that I incorrectly posted this question.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:47 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR Receivers

There are internal construction differences that can make slight differences in performance, but they are all designed for the same purpose. Overall performance will be similar between them.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Pilot232
My Feedback: (3)

Danny,

Specifically, what are the "performance differences"?

Pilot
Old 05-25-2005, 05:46 PM
GJr.
My Feedback: (3)

There is also an R945 dual conversion pcm receiver available. On the way is a new 10 channel synthesized receiver and transmitter module.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:26 PM
RCP57

ORIGINAL: GJr.

There is also an R945 dual conversion pcm receiver available. On the way is a new 10 channel synthesized receiver and transmitter module.
I'm not interested in the dual conversion. I know it is supposedly better, but I had my fill of dual conversion when I flew Futaba products. As far as the synthesized transmitter, I don't see how anyone in a club environment can use one. The clubs I belonged to in the past and my current club has a rule that you must insert your current AMA card in the slot in the frequency board that your flying. With the synthesized transmitter how are you going to tell what frequency your on? The new units scan the entire frequancy range then pick one and lock onto it. Am I'm missing something?
Old 05-26-2005, 09:27 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You tell what frequency you are on with a sythesized system based on what frequency you set the system to be on.

The difference wouldn't be anything specific, if there is any difference at all. Since they are not identical in every aspect, one may outperform the other in terms of range in some models in some areas. It is most likely however that there would be no difference at all, or only so slight that you would not tell the difference.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Mac_Man_UK

On the rear case of the new Synth Module from JR, there are 2 small rotary switches. These 2 switches set the transmit frequency that you wish to use. ie, if channel 72 is free at the board, then you set the "10's" switch to 7 and the "1's" switch to 2. Power the system up and after a small delay the system will then transmit on Ch 72. Should the switch move or be moved whislt still powered up, the frequency will NOT change until a power down reset occurs. Also, should you accidentally dial in an unauthorised channel, this is detected by the system and will not transmit anything at all.

Please note that I refer to a channel that I know exists in the UK but not sure if that is valid in the USA ! ( For the UK, channel 72 is 35.120 MHz )

[8D]
Old 05-26-2005, 11:54 AM
RCP57

ORIGINAL: dsnyder

You tell what frequency you are on with a synthesized system based on what frequency you set the system to be on.
Thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression the the transmitter module scanned the band and picked an open or not in use channel. The dials make sense.