Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

ignition wiring and interference PCM

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 06:27 PM
HardDeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition wiring and interference PCM

Hello Danny

When taking stock of recent loss of control crash - I found a 1/2 inch section of the spark plug lead shield eroded down to the insulation around the inner wire. This was caused by vibration against the edge of the cowl despite "taping". I am wonder what the likely hood is of this locking up a PCM receiver sufficent to cause a crash. I did range check before flying, but not this time with the engine running??

Thanks
RJM

Another (related) question - once PCM goes to fail safe - what is the minimal amount of time before the receiver can reset and restore control if the interfernce is intermittent?

Thanks
Old 06-14-2005, 10:10 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ignition wiring and interference PCM

That could definitely cause issues. I always use spiral wrap from Radio Shack and other stores to wrap around the ignition leads to prevent them from wearing.

The time for it to come out of hold is nearly instantly. The delay for hold to initially activate or go into hold for SPCM is .25 sec. For ZPCM the delay to go in to hold is assignable to .25 sec, .5 sec, or 1 sec.