Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

R610M receiver problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 04:23 AM
lastgoodbye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R610M receiver problems

Hi,
I have a R610 receiver, which i bought just before Christmas and it has developed a problem which is giving me some serious servo and motor jitter. I had it in a 2 meter electric glider, but it was scaring me as it can get quite bad at times, but not to bad at others, so i have it now in a more damage resistant model (an EPP electric powered wing).

I have an identical R610 that has no problems in either the glider or the wing, so there is obviously something up with the receiver itself. The unfortunate thing for me, is that i guess I have blown the warranty, because i decided that it must be something wrong with the antenna, and so i soldered a new one on, which made no difference. ( I can't seem to find the receipt anyway) The new antenna made no difference; the problem is no better and no worse.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? Any idea of the cost involved in getting this fixed? Am i better off giving up and getting another one?
Appreciate the help,
Paul
Old 07-06-2005, 11:04 AM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: R610M receiver problems

I just received a new 610UL back from JR. The one I sent in had a similar problem. Just sitting there, some of the servos would suddenly be driven to their extremes and stay there, then it would "fix" itself. I found that by lightly taping on the area covered by a silver sticker near the connectors would cause this to happen. So sent it back and it was replaced under warranty. Probably was a bad joint or component. I put a second 610UL I had in and no problem with it. This was the first time I ever had a problem with a JR component. At least I found it while installing equipment. Suggest you send it in for service, it should be under warranty.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:37 PM
lastgoodbye

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad you got yours sorted out, but unfortunately i think i blew the warrenty by soldering a new antenna on, and cant seem to find the receipt anyway. Im scared to send it it, as i think the bill is likely to be more than the cost of a new one anyway.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:37 AM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

Contact Horizons tech service by email and ask them about it. They are pretty reasonable people. I don't think soldering on a different antenna would void the warranty after all it is just a piece of wire.