Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

XP8103 Programming Guide for Dummies Needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 04:54 PM
pdmarsh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default XP8103 Programming Guide for Dummies Needed

Danny,

I need an XP8103 programming guide for dummies, or at least for one dummy--me. Beyond a general guide, I have two specific questions at the moment.

1. I will be using a single servo on each aileron in the plane I'm building. Should I use a y-connector and run both off of the same channel, or should I assign one of the auxiliary channels to one of the ailerons? If the former, can I reverse the direction of one of the servos and not the other if necessary? If the latter, which Aux. channel should I use and how do I assign it to the aileron stick, or channel? Regarding servo direction, I'm guessing that both would reverse if connected with a y-connection. I'm using digital servos. I believe they can be reversed independently with a programmer. Is this so? I'd rather use two channels if possible so I can set the servo direction without having to buy a programmer, though.

2. I will have flaps in this model. I understand how to adjust the servo travel, but I don't understand what the "Flap Knob Adjustment" does. Basically, when the knob is at the minus sign, I want my flaps to be recessed, or up. When the knob is at the plus sign, I want the flaps to be fully extended. That way, when the knob is at "0," I have 50% flaps. How do I set this up?

I will appreciate any help you can provide. From another post, it looks like you might have a simpler programming guide. If so, I think I could use it.

Thanks,
Paul Marsh
Old 07-11-2005, 09:20 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XP8103 Programming Guide for Dummies Needed

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...odID=JRP8617**

1. You can either mix this using the flaperon function or using a program mix, or use a Y harness or Y harness. You will not need to reverse a channel for ailerons as long as the servos output horn is facing the same direction.

2. If you want to use full travel from the flap pot, go to the flap pot function, and press clear until it says Flap Pot full 100%. Then center your flaps with the knob in the position that you want no flaps.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:36 PM
pdmarsh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: XP8103 Programming Guide for Dummies Needed

Thanks for the info, Danny. I appreciate it.

Paul