Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303/PCM9xII: Flaperons with 5-channel receiver

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 05:36 AM
Thomasho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303/PCM9xII: Flaperons with 5-channel receiver

Hi!

I went from my old 8103 to the PCM9xII because I wanted to use flaperon functions in a small plane with only a 5 channel receiver. I though I could do that with the 9xII's more flexible servo assignment.

But, it seems that to use Flaperons and flap system with dual aileron servos, the second servo still needs to be (unflexibly) plugged into channel 6?! I can use the dual aileron servo function with the second aileron servo on the 5th channel but then without the flap system.

Is there anyway around this?

BTW, great radio but with a few flaws. It irritates me that the different modes (aero, heli, glider) differs som much on functions. Why wouldn't want a delayed flight mode switch, the numeric servo monitor mode or the 3rd timer function in aero mode if it is already implemented in the glider mode. Hard to believe it is software contraints, more like "marketing constraints"...
Old 07-13-2005, 08:43 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9303/PCM9xII: Flaperons with 5-channel receiver

Assuming that the 9XII is similar to the US 9303, to use channel 5 as an aileron channel you will need to use the dual aileron function and not flaperon, the flaperon function is only linked to channel 6. You can still however use your ailerons as flaps using the dual aileron function through program mixing, you could for instance mix flap to FPRN and set the rates as desired as well as other options depending on how you would like them set up.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Thomasho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aha! Excellent suggestion, works very well now. And some additional programming mixed in elevator coupling to the flaperons. The only thing more would be the delayed flaperon deployment but I can live without that on a small simple model like my ZoomZoom.

Great help, thanks!

--Thomas
Old 07-14-2005, 01:59 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing I can think of that might allow you a little of that effect would be to set up the mix for the flaperon movement in mix 1 or 2, and adjust the points to alter the response curve. The multi-point mixes of mix 1 and 2 would allow you to slow the response potentially.