Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

new version of ds811 servo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 05:11 PM
malcolmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new version of ds811 servo?

I bought a 8103 with ds 811 digital servos about 18 months ago. There has been a number of threads about these servos chattering excessively.

I don't want to raise the issue again, the conclusion I came to at the time was that the performance of the servos was totally unacceptable with the large surfaces on a 3D style plane. I pulled them from my Funtana 90, and haven't used them since, and have never bought JR servos again. I have just read a post which suggests that there is a new version of the ds 811 available, the person suggested that Horizon was replacing the old versions if you sent them in. I would like to know if this is true.

Also, looking at the service repair checklist, it indicates that the customer is responsible for the return shipping cost. Is this true for warranty repairs? I live in Canada, shipping to here isn't cheap, I don't mind paying shipping one way, but both ways would be unreasonable.

Thanks
Malcolm

Old 07-14-2005, 02:01 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new version of ds811 servo?

No, there has been no change made to the 811 servo. I disagree with them being unuseable. I use them in many models and they work well. If a repair is performed under warranty, the return shipping is paid by the warranty.