Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Timer that works with throttle stick on 9303

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 01:46 PM
rc_heli_flier
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timer that works with throttle stick on 9303

Is there anyway at all to have one of the timers work off the throttle stick (spoiler stick) in sailplane mode? I've tried everything with the mixes that I know of and can't get it to work.
If it can't be done, I think this is something that needs to be addressed as this is an extremely handy feature to have on an electric assist sailplane to keep track of motor run time. Hey, the Futaba 9C has it - let's add it to the 9303 - we can't have them out do JR!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:08 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Timer that works with throttle stick on 9303

In sailplane mode, the timers can be assigned to one of several switches, but I'm sorry to say that it can't be assigned to the throttle stick. I'll pass along the suggestion.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:56 PM
rc_heli_flier

Danny,
Thanks for letting them know about it. I think without it the point of having the second timer is wasted as no one is going to remember or want to flip a switch everytime you advance or retard the throttle.
Ok, with that being said, I have the heli version of the 9303 and I was going to use the 2 position switch on mine labeled "gear" (assigned as the butterfly switch in sailplane mode) on the front left side for the throttle and just use it as off/on switch for the throttle. I figured out how to assign the throttle to that switch and to assign that switch as the off/on switch for one of the two timers as well. The problem I'm having is I want to have the switch set so that forward (towards the top of the transmitter) on the switch is "on" for the timer and back is "off" for the timer. This is so it works sort of like the throttle stick and easy to remember which way is which. Is there a way to change the switch to do this without physically flipping the switch in the case?

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2005, 08:41 AM
dsnyder

I'm sorry to say that the direction of the switch for the timer can not be reversed via the programming, it would need to physically changed.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:46 AM
rc_heli_flier

Thanks Danny.
If I were to turn the switch I mentioned above around in the case would that void my warranty?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:20 AM
dsnyder

Technically it would. If you do it properly and do not damage anything and the change does not cause any problems, we would likely overlook it. We handle these types of situations on a case by case basis. For the change itself however, you would be liable for any damage that might result from an improper modification.