Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

XF622 help

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 11:22 PM
stellasdad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XF622 help

Hi Danny,

I have a couple quick questions. I have a brand new (still in the box) XF622 radio. I found in the manual that you can program the radio to control different types of planes (like V-tail) but it doesn't mention Delta wing. Can this radio mix the aileron and elevator functions to control a delta wing craft? Since the radio is new I would love to be able and use the radio for an electric delta wing.

Also, can the receiver (NER-226X) be used without the small on board battery? Can the receiver and servos be powered by the main battery on the electric plane? As long as the brushless speed control has the built in BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit). Is it that easy?

Thanks,
CJ
Old 08-17-2005, 01:25 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XF622 help

The 622 does not have a delta wing function. Yes, as long as the ESC has a BEC function that is adequate for the servo load you plan to use, you do not need to use a battery or other device to power the RX.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:28 PM
stellasdad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info on the battery/receiver question. For the other question, I know the radio does not have a Delta wing setting, but does that mean it can not be used for a delta wing? Are there any other ways of having this radio work, or is it simply "no, the XF622 will not work."

Thanks,
CJ
Old 08-18-2005, 12:56 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard that someone has set up a flaperon set up, then used the elevator to flap mix to set up the elevator function, but I've not verified that will work. Otherwise, no, the 622 will not work.