Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR PCm 9X

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 05:00 AM
Mi-25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR PCm 9X

Hi Danny

IHi Danny

I (and others here) have a problem and hope you will help us.

I live in Hong Kong and have a 9X (bought here). It came with a nice user manual in Japanese (useless to me), and the agents could not supply me with an English version. I have downloaded the one from McGregor Ind.
The McGregor one is very brief, so it's difficult to understand all the programming - and it does not tell one how to set-up various servo options.

I have a F-5 with separate servos for aileron, and flaps - 4 servos in all.

Please advise on how to set this up: The manual does not say into which channel the different servos must be plugged???

What wing type needs to be used?
Into which channels do I plug the 4 servos?
How do I mixing so the whole thing works correctly?

Lastly, and probably more important:....CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME A COMPREHENSIVE MANUAL which explains it all? . IF NOT, CAN YOU ADVISE WHERE WE CAN GET ONE FROM?

best regards
Leon
Old 08-21-2005, 05:12 AM
mast01

Default RE: JR PCm 9X

Leon,

All the manuals are at [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Manuals.aspx?ProdID=JRP9249**]Horizon Hobby[/link].

May be slightly different, but should be good enough.

Mark
Old 08-21-2005, 05:41 AM
Mi-25

Thanks Mark

Leon
Old 08-22-2005, 09:04 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For your wing set up, I would recommend to first go to device select and inhibit 2 aux channels that you have open, then go to wing type and activate dual aileron and dual flap on those 2 aux channels you selected. The names of the channels will be renamed throughout the various functions in the system.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Brad330l
My Feedback: (1)

I am setting up a glider at the moment with duel ailerons and flaps and am using the 'Acro' section in my 9X as 'Glider' does not have Device Select.
It is an electric glider too so want Throttle.
Refering to the above, I have to have my Wing selected to 'Normal' otherwise I do not get the options of mixing the reqired two 'Aux's'. They simply will not come up as an option.
Does this sound right or have I done some thing wrong? I ask because I want 'Crow' mixed in some how (Aileron up with Flaps down) and just cant seem to get any where near getting it to work. As it is right now I am all set up and happy exept for 'Crow'.
Could you please shed some light as to how I might achieve this final step?

Regards,
Brad

Old 05-11-2007, 03:54 AM
Mac_Man_UK

PCM9X mark one. To obtain Crow in Aero mode.

Channel allocation:

Channel 1: Throttle/spoiler - (Throttle)
Channel 2: Right Aileron - (Aileron)
Channel 5: Left Aileron - (Gear)
Channel 6: Right Flap - (Flap/Aux1)
Channel 7: Left Flap - (Aux2)

Throttle stick to control the motor with the mix switch in the rear position and the crow (butterfly) with the mix switch in the forward position.

From a reset model memory.

System Menu.

Devic.SEL: Gear to inhibited (INH), Flap to system (SYS.) and activated by the Flap switch (FLAP SW), AUX2 to inhibited (INH).
Wing TYPE: Dual Aileron (AILE) with Gear (GEAR) as Mate. Dual Flap (FLAP) with AUX2 as Mate.

Function Menu.

PROG.Mix3: Mix Throttle (THRO) -> Flaperon (FPRN), Pos1 (say) +50% each side with -170 offset, activated with the MIX switch. This gives Ailerons up as crow with the mix switch in the forward position, controlled by the Throttle stick.

PROG.Mix4: Mix Throttle (THRO) -> Flap (FLAP), Pos1 (say) -50% (negative 50%) each side with -170 offset, activated with the MIX switch. This gives Flaps down as crow with the mix switch in the forward position, controlled by the Throttle stick.

PROG.Mix5: Mix Throttle (THRO) -> Throttle (THRO), Pos1 -100% (negative 100%) each side with -170 offset, activated with the MIX switch. This inhibits the throttle operation with the mix switch in the forward position.

Its done!

Note that, as the Flap System is active, with the default flap settings, the flap switch must be in the centre position for the flaps to be level.

With mix switch in the rear position, the throttle stick operates the throttle channel as normal. The crow (butterfly) is inactive. With the mix switch in the forward position, the motor goes to low and the throttle stick operates the crow (butterfly).

Use the Function Menu flap System (FLAP SYS.) to set the flap travel as required for each flap switch position.
Use the Mix3 and Mix4 mix percentage to control the crow (butterfly) control surface movement.
Use the Mix3 and Mix4 mix direction to control the crow (butterfly) control surface movement direction.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:54 AM
wingdragon

Hi Danny,

Wondering if I could freely assign the channels of my 9303 TX. As normal, I need to use a 7 channels RX with Aux2 in order to use the Gyro sensivity function. However, I am trying to use a 6 channels receiver to operate my mini CCPM EP heli. Would like to know whether it is possible to assign Aux2 to gear channel. Or is there any other ways to activitate the Gyro Sen. function using a 6CH. RX.

Many thanks!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Brad ,

Did that help you out ??