Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 01:28 PM
FJ-Air
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Danny,
I am putting together a B-25, I will be using a JR 649 Receiver with my 10x radio. Here is my question, I will have both rudders run off of one servo plugged into the rudder port on the receiver. The robart retractable front nose gear will be on a separate servo, I would like to assign the nose gear steering servo to a different channel on the receiver but obviously still use the rudder gimbal stick to control the steering on the ground, How do I do these in the radio? Which port should I plug the nose gear steering servo into? How Do I mix this in the radio? I have never used this many servo's in a plane before any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
Tim

My current setup is:

right aileron into the aileron port on the receiver
Left aileron into the aux 1 port on the receiver
4 flap servo's into a matchbox into the flap port on receiver
2 throttle servos Y harnessed together into the throttle port on receiver
elevator servo into elevator port on receiver
Air retract servo into gear port on receiver
rudder servo plugged into the rudder port on receiver
Dual batteries used plugged into battery and Aux 4 ports on receiver
Nose gear steering ?

Old 08-23-2005, 02:49 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help

The flap port would be the aux 1 port, so I'm not 100% certain what channels are still open, if your second aileron is in channel 6 or aux 1, are your flaps then in aux 2 channel 7? If so, from the way it sounds channel 8 should still be open. If so, that will work. Any one of the aux channels could be made to work however. Begin by going to code 17 function select, and inhibit the aux 3 channel. Then set up a rudder to channel 8 program mix, if you would like to have the nose gear steering on a switch so that it doesn't steer when retracted select the switch you would like to use, then set the rates as needed to get the movement needed, if using a switch have the switch in the position that you want the mix active when setting the rates.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:12 PM
FJ-Air
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are correct flap is aux 1 is flaps and aux 2 is aileron, and channel is is open and that is where I weanted to put the nose gear on. The switch idea sounds great I will do that.

Thankyou for your help

Tim
Old 08-24-2005, 10:47 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem. Let us know how it works out.