Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

couple questions on JR XS3 and R300 receiver

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:38 AM
blackeangle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple questions on JR XS3 and R300 receiver

1. This [link=http://www.maxxtraxxusa.com/JR_XS3_Radio_Transmitter.cfm]page[/link] states that the JR XS3 transmitter uses 1.5V x 8 dry cells (1.5v * 8 = 12v) or 8 rechargeable cells (1.2v * 8 = 9.6v), but the transmitter itself requires 9.6v. So, will I damage the the transmitter if I use dry cells ?

2. There are transmitter hump packs avaliable, what's so good using them over the normal rechareable batteries ? ( both are 8 cells and outputs 9.6v, except the normal cells has more than 2000mah whereas the hump pack has no more than 1700mah as far as I can find)

3. the receiver requires 6v to achieve the best performance, right. Is it possible to use 5 rechargeable cells (1.2v *5 = 6v) ?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:30 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: couple questions on JR XS3 and R300 receiver

1. No, you will not damage the transmitter.

2. Some transmitters require a different shape battery than others to fit in the compartment. You need the square configuration to fit in the TX. A hump style battery would not fit.

3. The servos will be a bit faster and have more torque on 6V than 4.8, but generally it does make very little difference in overall performance. Yes, you can use a 5 cell nicad or nimh battery pack.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:55 AM
SUNA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to hijack this post...but in terms of using 8 - 2200mAh rechargeable AA's or the [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=JRPB958]700mAh battery pack[/link]...which method would you recommend and why?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:21 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on what 2200 mah cells you are talking about, there really is no difference, outside of being a higher mah rating.