Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR PCM 9X Programing 4 servos Ailerons

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Lofoten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR PCM 9X Programing 4 servos Ailerons

Hi
I have a JR PCM 9X radio that I am very happy with, but I have a problem to program my radio to axcept a 4 servo Aileron setup(2servos on each aileron) on my 3W ExtraFun 230/XL. I have set the wing type to Flaperon and used the free mixers to activate Aux 3 and Gear. This to be able to get the benefit of the sub trim device. I use 4 JR DS 8301 servos, with 3,5cm servoarms to get 3D rates. I have lined everything up to get the same throw and center to prevent the servos to fight each other...this works,BUT I have 2 problems.
1: I seem to get resonance i the wing when the stick is slipped from full deflection to neutral, which results in flutter ( engine not running) where the servoes overshoot to maintain neutral. This stops immidiately if I put one fingertip on one of the ailerons, probably will it not be a problem when airborne due to the wind loading of the ailerons..but I would like to know before the maiden flight…Are the servos too small, servoarm to long or could the long servo wires cause interference ? I use heavy gauge wiring, wires +,- and signal wound in spiral to prevent radio interference... correct??, I do not use ferrite rings however..
2roblem - when i use the flaperon wingtype, 4 servos with 2 mixers I am not able to benefit from the aileron differential feature... I only get ail diff on servo Ail and Aux 1. Mixers set to NORM ???? Why?? With a Y harness I get Ail diff, but loses Subtrim... A software problem or am I not able to read my instruction manual good enough ?
Old 09-06-2005, 02:15 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR PCM 9X Programing 4 servos Ailerons

In order for your trims to work, and other mixes (such as differential) to function properly, you will need to use a Y harness or matchbox to add the 3rd and 4th channels. It is not possible to mix a 4 aileron set up and have all the functions active. I would suggest a matchbox on each aileron so that you can match the servos together to reduce fighting between the servos.