Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8611A in South Africa?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Dam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8611A in South Africa?

Hi. I live in South Africa and want to buy the equivilent of the 8611A, i just bought 4 8511's(8611's in America) from my local dealer, only to find the improved version had already been released. I need to know what the new 6811A is called here so I dont waste anymore money buying discontinued products[:@], my local hobby shops don't seem to know anything! I could just order it from the US but I dont have a credit card. I wrote to JR support(horizon) but they were zero help. Thank You.

PS. while i am here could you explain why JR sell the "same" products under different names? It is really frustrating and confusing, I cant see the logic.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:11 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8611A in South Africa?

Products may have differences between US and international versions and hence have a different name. I do not know what the overseas designation for the 8611A might be or if there is one. I would recommend contacting JK Products for further assistance, the number I have listed for them is 27-21-855-3029.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Dam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8611A in South Africa?

Thanks for your help. I had already spoken to JK, they didn't know anything. I have found some ways of getting 8611A's from the US so thats what i will do, also works out cheaper! ( i can get a 8611A for less than i paid for an 8511!?) Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it.