Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

jr 783 radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 08:30 PM
3dinfool
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jr 783 radio

hi danny.two questions for ya.i have a 783 radio and i purchased it in 1997.how long does the lithium battery last and could i replace it myself.also i have been recieving a signal hit at our club just recently and my frequency is # 28 .i have been to other fields and had
no problems with interference.i want to use jr crystals on channel 56 and was wondering if this is ok or will i have problems.thanks.marc.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:41 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: jr 783 radio

The lithium battery should be replaced every 5 to 7 years. The battery is soldered in and is difficult to do and the system possibly will need to be reset which requires knowledge of the system set up. You will need to send the system in for this service. Changing the transmitter crystal is against FCC regulations, as well as it can affect the tuning and output of the system and is not recommended. You should send the transmitter in for this change. The receiver you can freely change, though it doesn't hurt anything to have it checked out as well.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:46 PM
3dinfool
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: jr 783 radio

THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONE DANNY.IL PROBABLY SEND IT IN FOR SERVICE.