Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

jr radio/hitec reciever

Old 10-03-2005, 12:02 AM
flydoctor
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jr radio/hitec reciever

I recently aquired a jr xp662 transmitter. I use all hitec recievers. On my reciever there is a plug that is reversible from fut./hitec or airtronics/jr. Can I use this reciever if I switch the plug to airtronics/jr. I took my transmitter crystal out of my hitec transmitter and put it in the xp622 to match the reciever crystal. Servos went nuts. I programed the transmitter for airplane use. Do I need to use jr crystals in both the transmitter and the reciever. I am using a 54 trans. crystal in my hitec transmitter and a 54 reciever crystal in my my hitec reciever. I put the trans. crystal in the jr transmitter and switched the plug in the reciever.?????I am new to jr and computer equipment. Please help!!!! I really like the jr transmitter. tell me what I need to do to get this to work!!!!! Rich
Old 10-03-2005, 09:31 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: jr radio/hitec reciever

You will need to use a JR crystal in the JR transmitter. A Hitec crystal would be needed for the Hitec equipment.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:55 PM
flydoctor
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Danny, Should I use a jr crystal in the hitec reciever also or will a hitec crystal of the same channel work? My jr tx crystal is #47. Should I use a jr #47 rx crystal or a hitec#47 rx crystal in the hitec reciever?
Old 10-08-2005, 10:28 PM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use a Hitec crystal in the Hitec receiver. Use a JR Crystal in the JR transmitter. otherwise as you have found out they will not work. If you have a JR crystal no.47 in the transmitter use a Hicec crystal in the Hitec receiver no.47
Dennis