Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DS811 Servo Use

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Ray 67
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS811 Servo Use

Danny,

Just purchased a new 8103 from Horizon. Changed the servos to DS811s. Are these servos able to handle the loads on a Goldberg Sukoi powered by a Saito 1.80? I think I have been over doing the servos in my recent planes. I would like to use these new servos if possible. I also have JR 4131 and DS8411s I could use if necessary.

Thanks,

Ray P.S. Why do Futaba users keep telling me I have no range because the JR receivers are not Dual Conversion. I don't think I have ever had a problem, but they say they have much more range than I do. What should I answer back? I am a confirmed JR user for 20 years and fly on Mode 1
Old 10-17-2005, 09:45 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DS811 Servo Use

I'm not 100% as I've not flown that combo, but they should work fine IMO.

Because they are jealous? JR uses their ABC&W filtering that allows JR single conversion receivers to work as well or better as other brands dual conversion equipment.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Ray 67
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Danny,

If they were not the right servos for the job what would be the worst that I could expect to happen? Sluggish response from blowback? Lack of precise control? Failure? I want to use them, but want to be comfortable with what could happen.

Thanks,

Ray
Old 10-18-2005, 09:31 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Likely the first thing you would notice would be blowback etc, the worst case would be flutter. Control linkage set up is very important for proper operation.