Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 - Can't find the model copy function

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 12:41 PM
TailTouch
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 - Can't find the model copy function

Hi Danny.
Iam trying to copy a model to another model memory.
I am following the manual but can't see the "copy" cursor/function.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:35 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: 9303 - Can't find the model copy function

Using the 9XII ( very similar set), I access the Model copy function by switching on with ENT held ( to access the System Menu).

Enter Model SEL, press the scroll bar and select the model you wish to copy, rotate scroll bar to Select/Copy, press the scroll bar, select which model memory you want to copy the settings to, then press the COPY button on the lower left buttons. You should now see an arrow running from left to right, the screen will go blank for a second and re-appear. Press ENT to go back to default screen, or press LST to continue setting up the model.

Hope that helps you out.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:24 PM
TailTouch

Thanks.
But that is the whole problem.

I don't see the copy option anywhere.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Pile-O-Wood

In the airplane manual go to page A-48, follow instructions very simple.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Its similar but slightly different I think ! But I wasnt too far out.....
Old 11-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Mac_Man_UK

T-T,

Have you got it yet ?
Old 11-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Mac_Man_UK

In case you dont have the Aero manual to hand, here is the extract from A48....

The Copy function is actually part of the Model SEL function.

1. The model to be copied must be currently selected – see Model SEL description at the beginning of the ACRO section.
2. Highlight and select Model SEL in theSYSTEM Menu. Then highlight and selectSelect to obtain the Copy display.

The display shows the currently selected model on top with a down-arrow pointing to the lower model memory that the current model will be copied into. The data that is presently in the lower model memory will be entirely replaced by the data in the currently selected model, so be sure that the lower model memory is either empty or contains data that is no longer required.
To change the lower model memory that is to receive the copy of the current model, highlight and select the lower model name and number. Then scroll to an unused model memory or a memory that contains data that is no longer required, and select it.

3. Verify that the top model is the model that is to be backed-up and the lower model is empty or contains a model that is no longer required. When satisfied that all is well, press the CLR button on the left side of the display next to COPY. The entire contents of the currently selected model is copied to the lower model on the display and there is now a complete backup of the current model. The upper and lower model memory names are now the same because the two model memories are now identical in every regard.
The backup copy can now be used to restore theoriginal at any time by performing the Copy function and reversing the order of models where the backup is copied into the original (Backup copy on the top line and the original model memory on the bottom line).
Old 11-09-2005, 01:33 PM
TailTouch

And that sir is my problem...
I don't see the copy function in the display anywhere....

Thanks.

ORIGINAL: Mac_Man_UK

In case you dont have the Aero manual to hand, here is the extract from A48....

The Copy function is actually part of the Model SEL function.

1. The model to be copied must be currently selected – see Model SEL description at the beginning of the ACRO section.
2. Highlight and select Model SEL in theSYSTEM Menu. Then highlight and selectSelect to obtain the Copy display.
The display shows the currently selected model on top with a down-arrow pointing to the lower model memory that the current model will be copied into. The data that is presently in the lower model memory will be entirely replaced by the data in the currently selected model, so be sure that the lower model memory is either empty or contains data that is no longer required.
To change the lower model memory that is to receive the copy of the current model, highlight and select the lower model name and number. Then scroll to an unused model memory or a memory that contains data that is no longer required, and select it.

3. Verify that the top model is the model that is to be backed-up and the lower model is empty or contains a model that is no longer required. When satisfied that all is well, press the CLR button on the left side of the display next to COPY. The entire contents of the currently selected model is copied to the lower model on the display and there is now a complete backup of the current model. The upper and lower model memory names are now the same because the two model memories are now identical in every regard.
The backup copy can now be used to restore theoriginal at any time by performing the Copy function and reversing the order of models where the backup is copied into the original (Backup copy on the top line and the original model memory on the bottom line).
Old 11-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Very strange............. and this is definately a 9303 ??

Danny, I think you need to take over on this one !!

[8D]
Old 11-09-2005, 04:38 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roll with the roller until SELECT is highlighted, and press the roller. It will then switch to say COPY.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:35 AM
TailTouch

Thanks Danny.
That's the part I didn't understand.

I had to 'select' the SELECT
Old 11-10-2005, 02:30 PM
dsnyder

No problem, glad I could help. [8D]
Old 11-23-2005, 01:07 PM
rc_heli_flier
My Feedback: (12)

Danny,
I understand why he had a hard time finding it. I've had JR radios for almost 5 years and couldn't find it without the manual. I've been bragging to the others in my club just how easy JR radios are to program, but some things such as this are very difficult at best to do. Also, I just discovered that in the 8103 that when you 'reset' a model to it's factory default it resets everything except the model name. That is a really good way to destroy a plane or get someone hurt, since you could possibly reset a model and not know it since the name still displays. This was found after our local club was donated a used 8103 radio at our recent sailplane meet, and they asked me to reset the transmitter to it's defaults. I was once again without words as to why it would be that way (to all those 'futaba' guys!).
Also, I mentioned this one other time, but since getting into sailplanes there needs to be a timer that can be activated and stopped simply by moving the throttle stick up and back to help keep track of motor run time.
I do love my JR radios and my 9303 is great - I would just like to see a few relatively easy things changed that would help out immensely to make the 9303 a truly world class radio.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:49 AM
rc_heli_flier
My Feedback: (12)

Danny,
Do you have any info/comments about my last post and if these things are going to have software corrections we can send in and get done to our transmitters?

Thanks!!
Old 02-13-2006, 12:27 PM
dsnyder

I feel the systems are very easy to program. It may take a little bit of time to become familiar with a system, however it is not difficult to do.

No, there are no updates to any of the systems.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:47 PM
tom_eutsler
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: TailTouch

Hi Danny.

Thanks.
Glad I looked on here as I had been reading and reading trying to find copy ? duh where is it

now I see - as i finally got one sailplane set up and have another similar - eaisier to copy and fine tune settings vs start from
scratch all over again ....te
Old 02-21-2008, 04:38 PM
tom_eutsler
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: TailTouch

Hi Danny.

Thanks.
Reading, it sounded simple BUT when I went to follow it thru - as I needed to copy Model # 2 into empty Model # 3
told it yes and assumed it copied the model EXcept when I went to look in that new Model # 3 , I found none of the values that were in Model # 2 - were there ?
So I reset that Model # 3 and was going to try and copy again ? well THE 9303 WANTED TO COPY Model # 1 rather than the Model # 2 that I wanted to copy

....te