Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Aileron differential AND flap-elevator

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 07:01 AM
stevie2107

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron differential AND flap-elevator

Hi Danny,
Please can you explain how to use both flapperon(for aileron differential) plus flap-elevator mixing at the same time. I don't require the stunting flap/elevator,it's the scale(ish) application. With both left wing panel aileron and flap servo wanting to use auxilliary 1 I don't know how to achieve it? I'm looking for flaps to lower at the flick of a switch with a measured amount of down elevator at the same time but retaining elevator control. Even more impressive would be to utilise one of the side ratchet levers on either my PCM10SX or 9X to give varying amounts of coupled deflection right down to full values at ratchet lever end stop.A thousand thanks if you can explain as I'm sure it'll require a bit of typing to do. I promise to print your reply and retain for the rest of my modelling days
Ta,
Stevo.(UK)
Old 11-23-2005, 07:38 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Aileron differential AND flap-elevator

Steve
is this a Futaba or JR Transmitter, I can help if its Futaba FF9 or Zap.
Mike
Old 11-23-2005, 08:18 AM
stevie2107

Thats kind of you Baldeagle but the transmitters are JR. My old pa has a Futaba FF9 though and I'm sure the knowledge could be applied to future flapped birds,especially as most of the WW2 allied fighters are awaiting construction
Old 11-23-2005, 02:09 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This depends on the system you are asking about. Usually there is a differential function available after you have activated flaperon. For the flap to elevator mixing, often you can use the flap system function to set this up, or a program mix, flap to elevator. To use the slide levers on a 10 series system in a mix, you program the default channel of the slider (usually 6 or 8) to the channel you want to control, set the mix as an origin mix, and then set the rates as need. On the 9 Channel system, you select the slider you wish to use as the master 'channel' in the mix.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:20 PM
stevie2107

Thanks Danny,
I'm ok finding and tuning aileron differential and ok with flap to elevator but when both port wing panel and flap are asking to use auxilliary 1 what do you do? Presumably the flapperon aileron servo's take priority and utilise aileron+auxilliary 1 so what happens with the flap servo at the receiver and how does flap-elevator work when you have now deviated from the usual channel numbers?
Old 11-25-2005, 04:07 PM
dsnyder

How this gets set up depends on the system. But it is possible with most every system.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:57 AM
stevie2107

Thanks,it's a JR PCM10SX or if easier to compute I have the 9X also?
Ta.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:10 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve
On the Futaba system you would set the flap values to both the same i.e. both - or + and the aileron to the opposite to each other i.e. one - one + this would then give on flap demand cojoined operation and on aileron opposite opperation, I afraid I do not know if this is the same on JR, hope this helps. Of course the easiest option is to have seperate channels and servos for each, I have a Hype that I use combined flap and aileron with just two servos and mix in the transmitter, the elevators have to be seen to be belived.
Mike
Old 11-28-2005, 11:04 AM
dsnyder

For setting it up on the 10SX system I would choose quad flap in the wing type menu, that will put your second aileron channel on channel 5 and then you will have 2 flap channels, channels 6 and 7. For the 9X, I'm not 100% since we don't have that system in the US, but you should be able to choose dual aileron instead of using the flaperon function and separate the flap and aileron functions.