Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

6102 on an OV-10

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 07:59 PM
PE2fan
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6102 on an OV-10

Ok I am getting thoroughly depressed. I really want to get the ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco, but I keep running into more cost issues. I hope you can help.

I currently have a 6102 and do not really want to have to spend lots of cash to get the radio working with these needs:

3 - two rudder & one nose gear (Using matchbox with these) into the Rud port on rx
2- Aileron
2- THrottle
1 Elev

Is there a way to do this with just servos and y harness? Or should I just give up and wait till I can afford a better radio?

Micheal
Old 12-09-2005, 01:36 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 6102 on an OV-10

Sure, you can set up flaperon to handle the dual ailerons or use a y harness/matchbox. If you don't have retracts, you could also use the gear channel for another rudder channel through mixing if required. I don't see any reason that the 6102 could not be used for a model with those requirements.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:00 PM
PE2fan
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking I would need to mix throttle to gear on mix 4(Doesn't understand why it is the only one that is trim include.) to be able to adjust trim points. I am just curious how I could hook the rudders/nose up. Flaperons are not a problem.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:52 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you could use mix 4 for a throttle to gear mix to set up dual throttle. Mix 4 is the mix to use so the trim will function on both channels. The other 3 mixes are standard program mixes, not include mixes. For the rudder, just do as you said, plug the 3 servos into a matchbox and set the matchbox as needed.