Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 and a Smoke Pump?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 8103 and a Smoke Pump?

I am using an 8103 and a Sullivan Skywriter.

I want to put the pump on the gear switch so that I can turn it ON or OFF. But, when the switch is in the ON position--the smoke pump needs to respond to throttle inputs. Below 1/4 throttle and the pump should be OFF. Anything over 1/4 throttle and the smoke should be ON.

Then if I flip the gear switch to the OFF postion--I want the pump shut down completely. That way if I don't have any smoke oil or if I don't want smoke for that flight--it's OFF and won't fry the pump by running it dry.

I think I need to use PMix 1 or PMix 2 and use the 5-point curve--but I can't figure out how to do it. I got throttle as the Master and gear as the Slave now. So, it's ON or OFF via the switch.

How can I make it work off the throttle and still be able to totally shut it down with the gear switch?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2006, 11:12 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8103 and a Smoke Pump?

You could either use mix 1 or 2, or use say mix 3 or 4 and set an offset to work from the throttle position desired. To set it up, set up a throttle to the aux channel you are using mix, assign the mix to the switch of your choice, flip the switch to the on position, if using a normal program mix rather than a multi-point press select so the arrow points at offset, move the throttle stick to the position that you want the mix to go from on to off, and press clear. This will store the throttle position as the kick point of the mix. Then press select back to the rate settings, and set the rate above that point. If using a multi-point mix, set values at the points above the point you want the smoke to come on.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: 8103 and a Smoke Pump?

Okay. That works.

That was a lot more compicated than I thought. I wasn't using the offset function to set my throttle point. I think that was my problem.

I'll set it up today.

Thank you.