Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

72mhertz U.S convertable to 36mHertz 4 Aust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 09:33 PM
tasdevilmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 72mhertz U.S convertable to 36mHertz 4 Aust?

G'day Danny
Have been looking at getting The hanger 9 p51 pts rtf, this comes with a 72 mhertz radio, great gear if your in the U.S.A, BUT as i'm aussie and that frequancey is not legaly available here, can I still get this kit and have the radio&reciever converted to 36 meg?
Old 01-23-2006, 10:31 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 50mhertz U.S convertable to 36mHertz 4 Aust?

Here in the US it comes with a 72 Mhz system. I would recommend contacting O'Reilly to see if they have the PTS available in your area. The number I have listed for them is 61-8-8351-0544.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:25 PM
tasdevilmick

Default RE: 50mhertz U.S convertable to 36mHertz 4 Aust?

Thanks for that, have allready contacted them and plane wont be available for 6 to 8 months best forcast and up to 18 months away maybe more so you can see why was asking about the radio system conversion as have 9 people interested in getting one of these planes if we can get a radio in the proper frequancey (one bloke wants 3 ), was advised to get anyway and to use our own radio equipment , wich is fine If you allready have radio gear, but sort of defeats the point of getting a RTF with radio ,when you cant use the radio suplied.At every turn I am running into brick walls and on this OREilys have been less than helpfull. I have and use a JR radio and have found it to be a brilliant thing , but when we see the kits that are available in the U.S do we just disregard them because they come with a JR radio set to a frequancey that is not legal here In Australia.Being as that point of sale products that are up to 18 months away are obselete before they arrive and are no help when trying to get more people interested in our sport/hobbie.For the hanger 9 p51 pts rtf using the JR radio (a brilliant concept) to be of help in promoting the hobbie/sport here I need to find out what solutions are available. I have looked for a direct link to hanger 9 with the hope of resolving this and have failed to find a link, so maybe please could you help ?So to the original question are the radios suplied with the hanger 9 pts rtf convertable to a frequancey legal here in australia , or do I put this in the to hard basket for the next who knows how long till they arive here in Australia.
Regards Michael
P.S sorry about the speil but just getting a bit frustrated here.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:41 PM
golf_lake

Default RE: 72mhertz U.S convertable to 36mHertz 4 Aust?

tasdevilmick The radios cant be converted unless its just a replacement rf module that can be replaced.

Second the reciever cannot be converted and they cost big here in Oz
Old 01-26-2006, 09:48 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We distribute Hangar 9 here at Horizon, but we only carry the systems legal for use in the US. Our distributor for Hangar 9 in Australia is O'Reilly, and O'Reilly distributes JR as well, so they are the only contact for assistance with getting either brand in your area.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:10 AM
tasdevilmick

Thanks for that will perceiver with O'reilys
Appreciate the help.
best regards
Mick
Old 04-05-2006, 06:17 PM
tasdevilmick

Good news Hanger 9 have released the p51 in to australia and will be available with a 36meg radio ,release date is schedualed for June or so I have been told, have pre ordered 4 at this stage ,thanks for all the help you guys have given on this and other questions I have asked .