Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Serious servo jitter

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 04:36 AM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious servo jitter

Awhile back, I purchased a "new" JR 622 radio less servos and receiver here in RCU. At the present time, I am intending to use it on a Hobbico Spectrum. Being as it did not have a receiver or servos, I went ahead and purchased a Hitec Supreme and a Hitec crystal to match the radio. I also purchased a flight pack (servos only) namely the JR NES 527's (4). I initially tried the wing servos (517's) and everything worked as smooth as silk. Being as I had the harness etc. hooked up I decided to try the 527's to check their operation as I intended to use them on other functions. With the setup off, I plugged the 527's into the receiver and then turned on the harness switch, all it ok at this point. The minute I turned on the transmitter, all four servos started to jump and jitter with the servo arms moving back and forth about a 1/4 of an inch. I thought it might be the switch harness so I replaced that, no improvement. I also tried Nicad and Nimh batteries in various states of charge to eliminate that possibility, no improvement. I am at a loss to explain this problem, hence, this post. The radio, receiver, crystal and servos are all new, never used before so I can eliminate crash damage. I did take one of my other JR 622's on a different channel and tried the servos, they worked perfectly except for one slight jitter which started and stopped almost immediately. Being as all the items except the receiver and crystal were purchased here on RCU, I do not have receipts for them, but anyone looking at them can see there are new. Is a radio-receiver tune up in order? I need help with this problem so I can get all items working properly as without receipts I'm relatively sure the factory won't warranty the items. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Joe
Old 11-30-2002, 05:59 AM
David Cutler

Just a couple of thoughts:-

1/ You should turn the transmitter on first. It stops the receiver frantically searching for a signal.

2/ Did you use a Dual Conversion crystal? A single conversion won't work properly in the Hitec Supreme.

3/ Just another thought . . I used to have problems with the strip lighting in my workshop interfering with the signal. Also, the glow igniter can sometimes interfere with the signal when connected to the engine, specially if it's one of those running from the main field box battery. This especially applies to an on-board glow igniter, which can effect the radio signal.

Hope that helps!

David C.
Old 11-30-2002, 04:51 PM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

Believe it or not, it appears to have been the strip lighting in my workshop. Took the whole shooting match to a different part of the house and guess what....worked perfectly!!!!!!!! Not a jitter nor a jump, like I said before, "smooth as silk". Special RC thanks goes out to David Cutler for the solution and Bob for answering my call for help on a diffferent forum.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:40 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear you found it. If anything else pops up please let us know.