JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Dual Rec'rs

Old 12-03-2002, 09:17 PM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Dual Rec'rs

Danny:

Am building a 4 engine multi plane,and need some help on dual rec'rs... will be using 4 servos for throttle control, 32 oz. of torgue on each one. I don't want to put a gang of servos on one channel,so am planning on using 2 rec'rs, 2 swtiches and 2 battery packs. Probably 15-16 servos will be used.

Planning on putting one rec'r on the left side of the fuse and the other on the right side...antennas will be in a plastic tube,again one one on the left,and the other on the right. they(antennas) be be on the inside of the fuse. Fuse is fiberglass.

Now I want to know if it's possible to get interfence with this set-up? If so, any suggestions on how to set it up so there won't be a radio problem.

Any help would be appreciated

thanx

Jimmy B
Old 12-04-2002, 05:13 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Dual Rec'rs

You will want to start off by using top of the line receivers, like the 649, 955, or 945. Also using JR switches and extensions would be advisable as it is a matched system that works well. Using a set up like that, you will want to separate the receivers and antennas as much as is possible. You will need to do a very thorough range test. You will need to get a minimum of 60 paces of range. Check out this article on our web site for more information on range checking. http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/articles/1079.asp It may be advisable to use matchboxes to pair up the engines.