Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Jr 9x

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 07:11 AM
downwind
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr 9x

is there a new higher end JR radio to be coming out in the near future??
rumors of a 9X ????
Old 12-04-2002, 01:43 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jr 9x

I copied and pasted this from an earlier thread.

Well, first of all, I'd commend you on heading the right direction!!!

I can appreciate your desire to "get it right" - with limited hobby dollars, that's what it's all about.

Honestly speaking, though, the difference between the 8103 and the new radio will benefit the advanced class flyer the most - in fact, there are some in our company who feel the 8103 may be simpler for sport and advanced sport flyer. We aren't sure, because we haven't even seen the programming for the new system - we've just made requests. It'll be more capable - but it may be more complicated too.

What our marketing people have determined is that less than 10% of the modeling public uses everything in the 8103. So if you're SURE you're going to do lots of complicated things in lots of different areas soon, you might wait. But the reason that our competition copied much of the 8103 is because it's a "classic" radio - it will be a great radio for years to come.

Although JR has shown a new 9 Channel in Japan, it will be quite sometime before it is in the market. Japanese companies generally announce new product 6 months before it will ever be available, where we choose to wait until it is avaliable. Our release will follow the Japan release since our systems are typically refined versions of the Japanese systems.

You can't really lose with an 8103 - it has loads of features, great quality and is pretty easy to use. Worst case: you buy one now and sell it and upgrade when you're flying high end sailplanes, jets and helicopters. Until then, the 8103 will handle your needs as well as the new radio.
Old 12-07-2002, 03:12 AM
Conty

Default Jr 9x

Danny,
You must have a strong influance on JR MFG as distributor.
I am sure taht it is nothing new to say -it would be great if new TX would have ability to switch phase (+/-) modulation to control along with JR, also FUT/Hitec receivers. Please send this to MFG.

BTW from history point of view - why there are 2 standards on 72MHz? If I am right then HAM US band has one standard, Europe has one standard on all bands.
It would be great if you could explain it.

Thanks.
Old 12-08-2002, 04:59 AM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Default Jr 9x

From what I understand the phase modulation problem is uniquely American - radios outside of North America all work together? More like a cartel locking users into specific brand. Correct me if I'm wrong here ...
Old 12-09-2002, 04:54 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jr 9x

I do not know if all radios outside of North America work together, but essentially, it is just how the equipment was designed.