Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 oddity

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Dave A
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 oddity

I have a new 9303 and I have what I believe to be strange behavior.

I have flight modes set up with common trim and D/R set to switch. So I can have a different dual rate for each flight mode.

When I setup up expo on the elevator channel, the centering of my elevator servo changes. Them more expo I put in, the more off center my servo is. When I flip through the three different flight modes (and three different dual rates) I get three different servo centers on the elevator servo. The only way for me to counteract this is to change the trim mode to switch instead of common. Then I can center my elevator for each flight mode. But I would prefer the trim to be common for everything.

No other servo does this except for the elevator.

Just to test this, I created a new model and reset it to make sure I didn't have any mixes set. Still the same behavior.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior before. I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong, but this radio couldn't be simpler to program.

Dave
Old 03-08-2006, 10:07 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9303 oddity

What type of model set up do you have active, air, heli, or glider? Each type functions differently in regards to flight mode trims, so for me to check it out it would help to know what type you are using.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Dave A

Sorry about that, I have it set on air. I sent it in to horizon about 3 weeks ago to have the right gimbal worked on. It was sticking at full up elevator, Larry worked on it. I don't know if that could have put the elevator functionality out of wack or not. Unfortunately I sent it in a couple of days after I bought it so I never set it up prior to sending it in. I don't know if this "condition" existed prior to sending it in.

Since dual rates are different for each flight mode and my elevator moves whenever I change flight modes, it seems like the elevator doesn't know where true center is. I do have trim set to common. I can compensate for this if I set trim to be different for each flight mode.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 03-08-2006, 11:22 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear of the difficulties. In some modes certain channels are always set to flight mode trim and not common so the trims are different in each mode, however that is not the case in aircraft mode. It sounds perhaps like it could be a calibration issue, or the gimbal pot has a problem. Either way it sounds like it will need to come in for service once again unfortunetely.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Dave A

Not a problem. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I was programming wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Dave