Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9103 and st125 problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Checklst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9103 and st125 problem

Hey Danny I am setting up a new model a yak 54 I am using a 9303 with a 8 channel Jr receiver from my back up radio 8103 while it is in for repair. I have 2 other planes programmed in and they are flying fine.

This new model has 5 JR st125mg and a Jr micro servo on the throttle,THE PROBLEM the elev,rudder,throttle and aileron servos all flutter during my setup, ground trim out. Also the servos all move 2 and 3 gear teeth at a time(UNBELIEVABLE ROUGH) if I move any wires ,or touch the plane, or batt switches ALL the servos start ticking and if I move the radio stick to half throw they start fluttering wildly.

Her is what I did during setup and have done trying to calm the servos. I first centered the servos(no arms attached) and hooked up the controls, I have 2 batts and 2 switches a 1100ma Nicad and a JR 700ma nicad the second batt is plugged into a aux 4 open slot, I have tried just using one batt at a time and both at once same result. The (2)elev and (2)Aileron servos all have 12" JR extension wires, the throttle has no extension and the rudder has a 6" JR extension . The Antenna is routed away from all wires and exits the bottom of the aircraft. I mover the receiver farther away from the throttle servo as this was causing even more flutter. I have moved/varied the radio distance from the plane up 10ft away antenna collapsed.

I'm stumped, I have changed the Cristal from 25 to 16 in the receiver and swapped the radio Mod to 16 on the radio no CHANGE and I have made sure the radio IS IN PPM MODE my receiver is a standard JR FM 8 channel from my 8103 radio. I have just flown this receiver for the last 3 weeks in a U can Do 60 with no problems WITH THIS 9303 RADIO.

Last I have set up maybe 15 planes with the 8103 and 9103 and my set up method never changes, I route wires away from receiver and antenna, I never bind a servo control rod I will work until I have all control rods smooth and no servo bind or ticks, I center all trims and adjust all surfaces until they are centered and I have use the 2 batt 2 switch method for some 12 years

Thanks for listening and this is the first time in 20 years to have this (noise) problem on all servos (help dumb founded).....................
Old 03-15-2006, 09:57 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9103 and st125 problem

What receiver are you using?

Original 125 servos in some installations can jitter and move erratically. If this is happening with the 125 servos I would recommend sending them in for a check up.

It is also possible that the servos are jittering due to backfeed from the servos to the receiver, this might be the case if you are using the 549 receiver.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:34 PM
Checklst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Danny it was feedback..........the guys out at the field that have 9303 say thay get the same feed back with their new radios if to close to the model with the ant down, PLUS I had my Batt charger fail and over charged both batts (the peak charge never kicked in) so both batts were way over charged and that just added to my problem. After I blead them down to normal levels the servos calmed down.

As for the roughness of the new sport servo all agreed they are rough at first and smooth out a little as the wear in........but all agree that use them at the our field they are a little rough in the movements.

Sorry for hitting the panic button, it just seemed worse at 12 am than it was......LOL
Old 03-16-2006, 09:51 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any transmitter can swap the receiver when standing too close to the model. Let us know if you have any further questions.