Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Y Harness vs. Direct Connect

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Tachone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Y Harness vs. Direct Connect

I know this has probably been asked many times before but I have been unable to find the direct answer.

I have an 8103 radio with 537 servos in a U Can Do 3D. Is it better to use separate channels for each servo (mixed accordingly) on the elevator and ailerons or is it just as good to use the Y harness for each application? I currently have it set up with the Y harness and everything works ok on the ground but I occasionally get some chatter and fluttering in the aileron servos.

I think what I'm reading would indicate that using separate channels and mixing should eliminate this problem. Is this correct?

Secondly, will these servos suffice when I decide to maximize the throws on the control surfaces to do the 3 D manuvers?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2002, 08:28 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Y Harness vs. Direct Connect

If you are using an amplified Y harness with a 6 volt system with PPM or SPCM the Y may be to blame. It is possible that putting each servo into its own channel that it will help. I don't really know the requirements of that plane well enough to say, I would ask Great Planes if they believe standard servos would work for that.