Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

4131 servos in a gasser 1/4 scale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:54 AM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4131 servos in a gasser 1/4 scale?

Can someone tell me if this is a good setup or not? I have a large 1/4 scale decathalon
(96 inch wingspan) and its powered by a A&M 33 cc gasser engine. I purchased this plane recently and it has JR 4131 servos in the fuse: 1 for rudder and 1 each for each elevator half , for a total of 3 servos in the fuse. Are these strong enough for this plane? The plane weighs 23 lbs. I am not a 3D type of flyer, just a Sunday flyer
I've heard that you should use metal gear servos in a gas powered plane and I dont know anything about JR servos so can someone give me some insight on this and if they recommend if my current setup is sufficient ? As I stated earlier, this is what the previous owner had installed, and I have not flown the plane yet. I dont know how old the existing servos are either.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!!!
John
Old 04-05-2006, 09:27 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 4131 servos in a gasser 1/4 scale?

Those servos should work fine in that application. Metal geared servos are better able to handle shock loads, however for the plane you are working with, nylon should be adequate.