Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR Apex 8 Computer Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 02:50 PM
snowdon789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Apex 8 Computer Radio

Danny
I have a problem with the Aileron channel on my set:- When I move the stick to the right, I get 100% servo travel, but when I move the stick to the left , I only get about 10% movement left.

I have checked all the settings on the radio and even a function 28 RESET, the problem persists, reversing the channel reverses the problem.

when servo test 1 & 2 are selected the sevo moves 100% both ways. (as expected)
I have even swapped the wires on the PC board with the AUX 3 channel and the problem follows, so I know its not the POT.
The Rx and servos work as expected when another radio is used.

I have used this model set for about 15 years so I'm sure I'm not screwing up in the settings department.

Can you suggest anything?

Best Regards
Old 04-06-2006, 08:33 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR Apex 8 Computer Radio

That sounds very bizarre, I'm not sure what could be causing that. I would suggest you contact MacGregor for assistance at 01629-760430.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:04 PM
mlancast

Have you tried replacing the memory battery? Since it is computer related, sometimes bits and bytes in the system. This may help. You WILL lose your programming when you disconnect the battery. It requires some disassembly of your radio and soldering knowledge. Since it is long out of warranty and Horizon Hobby does not want to help you, call Radio South (Phone/Fax (850) 434-0909) and they may be able to help. Is this the same as the USA Galaxy 8? Or is it the PCM 8 that has been sold overseas many years ago. I own both.

Mike
Old 04-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Pssssssssssssst Danny,

Thats 01628 760430

Old 04-07-2006, 08:27 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mlancast

Since it is long out of warranty and Horizon Hobby does not want to help you, call Radio South (Phone/Fax (850) 434-0909) and they may be able to help.
He is in the UK, so that is the reason I suggested contacting MacGregor. Please remember that this a manufacturers support forum and is not for open discussion.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:15 AM
snowdon789

Hi Mlancast.

Have tried disconnecting the battery on the PC board but this did not reset anything in the radio, the problem is still present. to get by for now I have adjusted the sevo trvel to 150% one way and 50% the other, then reset the sub-trim, this now gives me a usable channel with reduced full travel. This is a spare radio which I was setting up with an Ikarus Piccolo Bell 47G model FP, this now is flying fine with this set up.

The radio is the "Computer Apex 8 PCM" which I asume is the same as the version in the states, little keyboard with small display at the bottom of the set.

Regards