Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

6 servo sailplane, 9303tx flap problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 10:39 AM
cb1400
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 servo sailplane, 9303tx flap problem

Hi Danny, just got a new 9303 radio, I have a 6 servo sailplane with, dual flaps activated, program mix 1, for flap to elev, butterfly
is activated, set-up is per John Adams in the manual. everything works fine but, when I pull the flap stick back, flaps come
down fine but, if I pull back just a bit more, the flaps go back to neutral, release it and flaps come back down, I can toggle flaps
up & down by doing this. I also have full trailing edge camber & reflex activated.

PS. It also shows this in monitor. looks like the servos are reversing in opposite directions.... please help thanks
Old 04-12-2006, 09:04 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 6 servo sailplane, 9303tx flap problem

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, are you saying that this is happening with the spoiler stick moving the flaps through the butterfly menu? If so, I'm not sure what would cause the flaps to go to neutral at low stick, however it sounds like you may be pulling the stick back too hard. You can force the stick further than it should go in normal operation if you use too much force. That should only cause the flaps to move further, but wouldn't change direction of the flaps.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:57 AM
cb1400

yes, I'm using the spoiler stick through the butterfly for the flaps. I even tried reversing the servos so the stick would be at the
bottom (back) poistion for nautral and foward for full flags, it does the same thing except it does it when I push just a bit more
forward, I've also tried plugging different servos into the rx, it does same thing.........thanks
Old 04-14-2006, 08:51 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the servo is reversing direction, I would recommend sending the system in for a check up. Also keep in mind though, that it sounds like you are pushing the stick too hard against the stop.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:17 PM
cb1400

Hi Danny, thanks, with the stick back against the stop, just a slight touch will reverse the servos, a friend has the same radio (last years model) and doesn't do this, so this radio has been sent back (overnight) for repair or replacement, this is a brand new radio, purhased 2 weeks ago, we have a very short flying season here (northeast), so I would appreciate a quick return.
thanks for all your help ... take care