Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

10x Keeps Going Into Failsafe On The Ground?????/

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 11:28 PM
Dennis Michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10x Keeps Going Into Failsafe On The Ground?????/

Danny, My 10X keeps going into failsafe when I am in the pits getting ready to start my engine. Antenna is in collapsed position TX 2 feet off to the right of the nose on the ground. The radio goes in and out of failsafe its intermittent but today was the first day this has happened. engine is off just sitting there.???? My buddy could stand off to my right about 3 feet and it would go onto failsafe he would walk toward the wing tip and it would come back on than step back and it would go into failsafe, just about every time???????

Can you shed some light?

Dennis
Old 12-16-2002, 02:46 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My best recommendation would be to send in your transmitter and receiver in for a check up. It may also be a servo, switch, or extension, but I would start with a check up of the transmitter and receiver.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:44 PM
Dennis Michael

Danny, The radio is new it has 15 flights. I can tell you that when I was installing the radio and I was setting up my elevator servos, this was in my shop I was noticing the elevator was going into failsafe.

It happened once or twice and I could not get it too repeat. I thought the radio transmitter was maybe too close and it was swamping it out???

Than I noticed flying on the first day out that on the 5th flight the elevator was weird than the radio went into failsafe and crashed the airplane. I suspected the Battery, it was low. But now after yesterday, I'm Beginning to wonder..........

Dennis
Old 12-17-2002, 04:43 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has this happened with different planes, and different receivers? Swamping the receiver will usually result in the servos jittering. It sure sounds like one of the components is causing the problems, or perhaps outside interference on your frequency.
Old 12-18-2002, 02:31 PM
Dennis Michael

Danny, This was on the original unit, original aircraft. Interference could be possible but i think it was the least likely cause. I flew the radio in a Super Stick yesterday with the antenna outside of the fuse. Seem to be good, no problems. The problem aircraft has 9 servos and the antenna ran in a tube through the fuse.

The push rods our the Sullivan carbon nyrods, They say they are non-conductive, so I don't think they were causing the hit, although the antenna tube was running in between these nyrods and even touching them. So this might possibly be the issue.

I am considering running the antenna outside of the aircraft or go to a whip antenna. I was concedering this option before the failsafe issues were happening.

Dennis