Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

servos for a 35% extra 26 to 28 lbs.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 01:00 AM
MR. JONES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servos for a 35% extra 26 to 28 lbs.

I've started construction on the 35% extra that model aviation is running this month and I have a couple of questions regarding radio set up.... Are 4721 servos @ 6 volts strong enough for the elevator (one per side).?.. The servo extensions or y-harness extensions will be longer then 24", Do I need to use a booster if I use 22 gauge wire? What is the benefit of dual conversion receivers? I will probably use anolog servos through out, can I run two battery packs directly through receiver usng one of the aux. ports? I'm using this method on a 30% plane with great results with three fewer servos. " Sorry for all the questions ." Chris [email protected]
Old 12-17-2002, 03:41 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For that size plane, a 4721 on each elevator should be fine. I would recommend using heavy gauge gold extensions, but a booster would not be required.

There may or may not be a benefit to dual conversion receivers. There are many variables to this, and it depends on the area you are in, the equipment in your plane, and several other factors. A dual conversion receiver filters the signal twice, which in certain cases helps avoid hits, and other cases doesn't.

Yes, you can run 2 packs through 1 receiver by plugging the second into an aux port. I would add a regulator to each pack to avoid any back feeding from one pack to the other.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:49 AM
ml3456

Danny

What is back feeding? I thought it was common to plug 2 packs into a receiver without any problems.

Thanks

Mark
Old 12-18-2002, 05:38 AM
MR. JONES

Dan ...... would the same rule apply as far as not needing a booster when using two aleron servos per wing half. Two will be plugged in to the aleron port and two in aux port. Each y-harness will be 24" to 36" plus 6" extension and servo lead........I fly at the T.O.C. field in Las Vegas if that gives you any more info on the dual conversion receiver question. thanks Chris
Old 12-18-2002, 03:33 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If one pack gets lower in voltage or drops a cell, it will draw power from the second pack and potentially drain it, where the regulator will prevent this. It would be a good idea to use a filter in the lines, but a booster would not be required.