Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

How to program flaperons with 421ex

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 09:50 AM
goshield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to program flaperons with 421ex

I've installed my 421 EX in a new plane with separate aileron servos. I'm trying to set up flaperons and get the aileron differential with the radio. I have the right aileron plugged in the aileron channel and the left plugged in the gear channel. With the direction of movement set so that the flaps go down with the switch moved towards the back of the receiver, the ailerons are moving in the wrong direction with left/right stick movement. If I make the aileron movement correct then the flaps go up with with switch down. Help please!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:33 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to program flaperons with 421ex

First get your ailerons moving the correct direction with servo reversing. Then if your flaps go the opposite way than desired, swap channels that the servos are plugged into in the receiver.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:44 AM
goshield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks i got that part. But when I try to adjust the servo travel under aileron only the aileron plugged into the aileron channel changes, not the one plugged into gear. I also can't figure out how to adjust the servo throws individually to get differential. Can this radio do this?
Old 05-10-2006, 08:50 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thge 421 does not have a differential function. To get differential with it, you will need to set it up mechanically. Correct that when you adjust the aileron travel adjust that it will only affect the aileron channel.