Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Dual RX setup question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 10:01 PM
UkerDuker
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual RX setup question

I have a JR 378, 7 channel radio and I'm looking to maximize its potential with my next project. I wouls like to use dual 7 channel receivers. THese receivers will split the functions of my plane into the following:
RX#1:
L/H THR
L/H AIL
L/H ELV
L/H RUD
L/H FLAPS (2 servos)
Gear Retracts (single servo to a ROBART air valve)

RX#2
R/H THR
R/H AIL
R/H ELV
R/H RUD
R/H FLAPS (2 servos)

My question is: using the 7 channel RX's what is the proper RX connections for the flap servos? Also, what is the proper radio setup to to incorporate the flaps where I can have a take-off setting (mid flaps) and a landing setting (full flaps)? This might be slightly more complicated since I have the 378 heli version TX.

Any suggestions will be helpful...
Mike
Old 06-05-2006, 09:25 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dual RX setup question

The flap channel is assigned to the aux 1 channel, channel 6. You can set up the landing flaps in the LAND menu. To set up another position, set up a flap to flap mix, assign the mix to the ELE>F switch, set the rates to move the flaps the opposite direction of the landing flaps, and center the flaps with the switch all the way back (away from you) if you want the switch order to be no flap, take off flap, landing flap. You will adjust this percentage to adjust the take off flap, but will need to re-center the servos if you adjust this.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:40 AM
UkerDuker

In the initial model settings for this aircraft, do I need to set this plane to the GLIDER mode or can I leave it in ACRO? What type of WING setting?. DO I select the LEVRG or MIX sw setting?

I still have allot to learn about my radio. THe manual doesnt exactly spell out how to setup unique configurations.

Thanks for the help Danny.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:00 AM
dsnyder

If you want to set up "dual flap" channels as well as dual aileron channels, setting it to glider mode would likely be easier. If you don't need dual channels for the flap and aileron however, aircraft mode should work fine. The wing setting will depend on how you need it set up, however if not needing dual aileron channels in aircraft mode leave the wing type setting at the default setting of off or normal. If in glider setting up dual flap, activate dual flap in the wing type.

The Lever function chooses what switch/lever functions on a channel, in aircraft it assigns the switch or lever to the aux 2 channel, in glider it sets up the flap on the lever or the switch + the lever. You would need to choose this as desired.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:54 PM
UkerDuker

I am finally beginning to unlock some of the features of my 378 radio. But now I have another question. Would it be easier to use JR matchboxes instead of going to a dual RX setup? Are there any advantages to expanding servo channels with a matchbox verses a splitting them between two RX's?

Mike
Old 06-06-2006, 08:53 AM
dsnyder

In some cases, yes there are advantages. The main one is that using dual receivers can reduce your range possible. There are many flyers using dual receivers and working fine, however we do not recommend it due to the possiblitiy for a reduction in range. Also with a matchbox you will have more adjustability in the set up of the servos for centering, travel, and servo direction.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:02 AM
UkerDuker

THanks Danny, these posts have been very helpful. I doubt it will be my last group of questions, but it gives me a good starting point.

THanks again,
Mike