Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

6102 New Case

Old 06-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6102 New Case

Hi Danny, This might be out of your area but I'll ask anyway. I bought a 6102 for my son about 18 months ago or so. I have the receipt here somewhere. One day showing him how it worked it on the bench the elev gimble broke a spring or something as it won't return to neu and sticks down elev all the time. Well I sat it aside and forgot about it as my son showed very little interest at the time. Now that he wants to learn to fly I got the transmitter out and low and behold someone dropped the transmitter and broke the bottom of the front case. The screws will no longer hold it together. I wonder if this can be repaired and if the repair cost might just exceed the value of the transmitter. I know it's impossible to get an exact qoute but are these parts available?
Old 06-13-2006, 09:43 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 6102 New Case

Yes, that is certainly fixable, I would recommend sending it in to have the case replaced and checked over to ensure it is working properly. As you mentioned, we can't really give an estimate without seeing the system, just off the top of my head I would guess you are looking at around $50-$75 to get the system repaired, however this could be more or less depending on what parts and labor are required. If you would like an estimate, you can send the system in and put in a letter that you would like an estimate.