Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Battery?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 09:01 PM
skillet92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery?

I have a 6102(wish i had waited for 7202) , but like every thing else I am finding out about this hobby, it is addictive and could not wait. I have the JR radio that came with the PTS but use the 6102 for all my planes. What is the biggest capacity battery that I can use for long charges. And are 6.0 better than 4.8? I can not get a straight answer from the guys at my club. They are very helpful, but all have varying thoughts on the matter. And should i recharge after every day of flying. I say that because i worry about memorying the battery!!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery?

The battery in the JR 6102 is a 9.6v 600mah ni-cd. Not 4.8 or 6v, unless you are talking about your RX battery.
The biggest mah battery I have found for the TX is 1700 mah, and that is what I use.
For your RX 600-800 is plenty, and yes I charge the night before or the day of flying.