Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

I made a careless, dumb mistake, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Dr. Gonzo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I made a careless, dumb mistake, please help!

Here's the story,

I have a JR XS3 radio (only about a month and 1/2 old, I got with my new LST2) and I purchased the Dynamite 2500mAh Tx Ni-MH Conversion Kit: JR about the same time. Everything had been going great since I have owned the equipment. Last weekend I was going to charge my radio batteries, so I plugged the charger into the charging jack in the transmitter. It had only been charging for about a minute and I heard a faint pop sound. I immediately unplugged the charger from the wall and noticed I had grabbed the wrong charger (I have so many lying around). It was the charge adapter to my Revo charger, which has a different polarity than what is required for my JR radio. Anyway I installed regular "AA" Duracell alkalines and the charger has been working fine for the past week and I took my Sanyo 2500 nimh that came with the Dynamite kit to Batteries Plus, they tested the batteries overnight, and gave me a positive review, stating that the batteries are perfectly fine.

My question is, should I send my JR XS3 to Horizon and have it checked out, even though it appears to be operating normal or should I just ignore the paranoia and consider myself lucky?
Old 07-07-2006, 02:37 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I made a careless, dumb mistake, please help!

Well, something went pop. I guess the question is how much do you value the airplane you would use this system with? If you don't really care, then you can take a chance and think nothing of it.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:39 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

deleted comment.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:18 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may be best to send the system in for a check up to be sure. That system has a diode in the charge circuit, so it is possible that everything is fine, but would be best to send it in to be certain.