Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

XP9303 or 10X System?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 08:39 PM
guylookingup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP9303 or 10X System?

Hi Danny!

This is a fun question! I have owned a JR X-388S since 1993 and have used some of it's features, but far from all. I am getting back into the hobby a bit deeper now and am thinking about buying a new JR system. I was thinking about getting the synthesized XP9303; however when I looked at the price of the radio, then added servo pricing, plus a case, I was getting within the neighborhood of a JR 10X system. I have been saving for this and can get either radio. As an "advanced novice", is there a reason that I would not want to get the 10X? I expect to deepen my involvement with RC and see it as a radio I could use for many years. Just wanted to get your perspective on it. Any other perspectives are also welcome!

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:21 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XP9303 or 10X System?

The answer to which would be better for you depends on what you are looking for in a system. Both systems are very powerful and capable. The 9303 is a 3 model type system, so it can work with air, helis, and gliders, whereas the 10X is a dedicated model type, so it is either air or heli. This matters to some people, but not to those who only fly one type. Overall, it only depends on the features that you want and need in a system to choose between them.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:27 PM
guylookingup

Thank you for your reply...that's a good and pertinent point! I don't necessarily see flying helicopters; however, I do fly gliders. So, I really see myself flying airplanes and sailplanes. Is this feasible with the JR 10X? I am glad you brought this up to me though as I didn't realize that the 10X was "that" dedicated. Thank you again!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:34 AM
dsnyder

Many users do use the 10X air for gliders, and I know there are various sites online with programming info to do just that. In most cases, with the 9303's built in glider software, the set up for complex gliders is simpler with the 9303, but most set ups are possible in both systems.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:51 AM
guylookingup

Thanks again Danny! I think I am leaning toward the XP9303. It sounds a little simplier to operate than the 10X and I don't think I need the power of the 10X at this point. Thank you for your information!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:11 AM
dsnyder

No problem! Glad I could help! [8D]