Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Setting up a choke servo

Old 12-30-2002, 03:28 PM
ml3456

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up a choke servo

I want to use a choke servo on my BME 50 for both starting and shut down. I was going to set it up for operation from one of the knobs, but I want to limit it to only operate when the throttle lever is all the way down and the trim set at 50%.

Is there a way to program this so it only works in the lower percentage throw of the throttle stick? This would be the secondary safety shutoff if my throttle servo malfunctions.

thanks again

mark
Old 12-30-2002, 03:36 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What radio system are you using?
Old 12-30-2002, 03:50 PM
ml3456

One of the best. Jr 8103 without digital trims.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:15 PM
dsnyder

Set up a mix, channel 1 to the channel your choke is plugged in to, press select down to the switch selection. Choose the switch you want your choke to operate on, and select it. Then press select one more time. Move the throttle stick to idle, maybe a click above to not make it too sensitive, put the throttle trim in the center, and press clear. This should register an offset, depending on your travel adjustments, should be around -156. Press select until the arrow points at Rate, flip the switch to where the choke will be on, leave the throttle where it was when you set the offset, and enter the amount you need to make the servo go the amount of rotation needed. You may also need to do a mix to make the original switch or knob not work the channel the choke servo is plugged into. To do this, mix the channel to itself, and make the percentage -100% with the switch/knob in all positions.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:24 PM
ml3456

Thanks Dan,

Question.

Can I choose a knob instead of a switch so I can vary the rotation of the choke for starting the engine? I thought you could only choose on-off type funtions here. Am I wrong? I haven't had a chance to try this until I get home.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2002, 10:00 PM
dsnyder

I'm sorry to say that I don't see a way to make the pot work only at idle. I've tried several different ways and depending on where the pot is, if you mix it in with the throttle, no matter what, the throttle stick will move the aux channel. You can just plug it into the aux channel and use the pot, but in order to make it limited with the throttle stick, it will need to use a switch.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:56 PM
ml3456

Thanks Danny.

I will just use a pot switch when needed. I was just trying to get a fast acting system in case I needed it in the pits.

Mark
Old 12-31-2002, 03:00 PM
dsnyder

No problem!