Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Questions about JR 622/642 Setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:35 PM
FallDownGoBoom
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about JR 622/642 Setup

Danny:

1. It seems that when Flaperon/V-tail mode is selected on either the 622 or 642 transmitter, this selects that mode for all aircraft controlled by the transmitter. Is this true, or am I missing something in the programming setup? I notice this if I'm going from one plane with a single aileron servo to another with dual servo's on the same radio, and end up with aileron's that aren't centered.

2. If the above situation is true, does the 9303 work the same way? Or can one set the wing configuration for each individual model?

3. If "buddy boxed" together (622 as master, 642 as slave) and one sets servo direction, etc., will these changes affect the "normal" settings on the 642? (Example: my 642 normally controls a flaperon enabled plane as Aircraft #2. If I want to use the 642 as the slave system while controlling a non-flaperon equiped trainer that's Aircraft #1 on the 622, will changing the servo direction, etc., affect the "normal" settings on the 642? Or do I need to set up the servo directions on, say Aircraft #3 on the 642, to be compatible with the servo settings on the 622? Which gets me back to the situation in Number 1, meaning I'd have to disable the Flaperon setting on the 642 in slave mode.)

Thanks in advance,

Fred
Old 07-13-2006, 01:10 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Questions about JR 622/642 Setup

1. No, that is not the case. It only selects it for that model, no other models would be affected. If this happens, it would be best to have the system checked out. Are you certain you are changing the model in the TX?

2. Same for #1, that is not the case. There is however only one "wing" selection for each model in the TX.

3. In a trainer set up with those 2 systems, both systems would need to be fully programmed for the model being flown, meaning it must be set up to fly the aircraft individually without being hooked up to one another. This means all settings such as servo reversing, travel adjust, etc must all be set up for the model in both systems.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:14 PM
FallDownGoBoom
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Questions about JR 622/642 Setup

Thanks... I'll check my programming again and see what happens. As for the buddy box question, you confirmed what I thought was the case. Both transmitters need to be identically programmed.