Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Digital servos go crazy

Old 07-13-2006, 08:44 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital servos go crazy

I have a friend that has 8103 h with ner549x , hitec jr , and other pcm jr rec. He can not run digital servos. The do not hold center and shake then lock. If you put a load against them sometimes the just let go like there is not enough volts. Volts out of the rec. on a 6 volt pack are 5.8 with a load. It is not the servos as he has tried my 8611a's that are in my plane on a Futaba system. Very confusing and he has tried 6 rec. Sometimes if you wave your hand over the plane at a certain height the servos go nuts then lock one way. If he switches back to a std. servo everything works great. Any ideas.
Robert
Old 07-14-2006, 08:49 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Digital servos go crazy

The 549 receiver sometimes when using multiple digital servos can from time to time cause jittering. Most other receivers are fully compatible with digital servos however. If using the 549 receiver, that could be the cause.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:05 PM
[email protected]

Danny
Thanks i will get with him this weekend and try all of his rec. He says that the PCM one does the same but cannot tell me the model of the rec. I will check it out. The servos dont just jitter at center. He says if you hold a load against them they just fail give up and then reset to center. Like there is low voltage. I will check his stuff ou and put on some li on's with a reg. so i know that it is not voltage loss going in to the rec. If you can think of any thing else i can check let me know. I will advise you as to what i find out.
Thanks for the help.
Robert
Old 07-14-2006, 10:13 PM
[email protected]

Danny
I checked my friends problems out today. When we put the 8611a and jr digtal sport servos on a ner649s pcm rec. the 8611a's work perfect the sport servo's are a little jittery but nothing like they are on the fm rec. The fm rec must not be able to filter out the noise the servo's cause from holding center!!! What would be the best PCM JR rec. he could buy for the 8103 as he wants to get a new one?
Thakns
Robert
Old 07-17-2006, 08:58 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The R790, R649, R955, R945, R955, R2000, and R2100 are the options available.