Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 8103 Mode 1 radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 07:11 PM
A Betancourt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR 8103 Mode 1 radio

Danny:

I have just received my new Mode 1 JR 8103 radio and I have a question, the momentary contact (snap roll) switch is in the left side of the TX and the mixing switch is in the right side this is incorrect according to the labels, the retract switch is correct (in the right side) at first I thought that it was just a matter of changing the switch positions but when I opened the TX to adjust the stick tension I noted that the switches are connected by short wires to the PC board and that it will require to extend this wires, I know that doing this will void the guarantee, I will also like to know the exact switch and knob layout in a mode 1 TX. I think that something is not quiet right with my radio.

Thank you very much for your help.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:45 PM
dsnyder

It does sound like the switches are not set properly for mode 1. If you send it in to us, we can move the switches to their proper locations. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:32 PM
A Betancourt

Danny:

Thank you, I live in Mexico City and I think that for a while I can live with the switches in the wrong position. I have noticed in some european radios that the switch and knob layouts are not the same as in my radio, could you plese tell me how the switches and knobs are supposed to be in the American 8103 mode 1 radio?, Is it different than the European 3810?

Regards

Alfredo Betancourt
Old 01-03-2003, 03:03 PM
dsnyder

I'm not sure what the switch layout is for the European version. For Mode 1, the swap is made by swapping the snap and gear switches from the left side to the right, and move the mix switch and rudder dual rate from the right to the left.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:54 PM
A Betancourt

Danny:

Thank you very much for your help. My first full house radio was a JR Circus IV, then I changed to Futaba and now I am getting back to JR, I am sure that I will enjoy the change.

Regards

Alfredo Betancourt
Old 01-03-2003, 03:59 PM
dsnyder

I hope you do! If you have any further questions please let us know.