Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Old SPCM Rx, New Tx?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Red B.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old SPCM Rx, New Tx?

I have a couple of old (8 years ?) JR NER-649S (SPCM) receivers that I have been using with my trusty (but aging) 388s transmitter.
I am considering the purchase of a 9303 transmitter (PCM 9XII here in Europe) and would like to know if I can continue to use my old receivers with the new transmitter?

Can I use the old 388s as a buddy box by connecting it to the 9303 through a DSC cable?

/Red B.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: Old SPCM Rx, New Tx?

The 649S is still a current JR Receiver and actually forms the basis of the R800 and the R900 !! So it is still a good receiver. There should be no problem in using the 388S as the buddy box to a 9XII. I will try and test that combination tomorrow morning anf will get back to you !

Old 08-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Red B.

Default RE: Old SPCM Rx, New Tx?

ORIGINAL: Mac_Man_UK

The 649S is still a current JR Receiver and actually forms the basis of the R800 and the R900 !! So it is still a good receiver. There should be no problem in using the 388S as the buddy box to a 9XII. I will try and test that combination tomorrow morning anf will get back to you !
That is good news. I looked back into my old receipts and found that I actually bought the receivers in 1995. Not many electronic products continue to be produced for more than a decade.
The 388s has been giving sterling service over the years and many hundreds of flying hours. The only thing I have done to the Tx is to replace the NiCd battery and the memory back-up battery once each.

The reason I am upgrading to a 9303 (EUR: 9XII) is that the programming appears to be simpler and that there are provisions for dual servos not only on the ailerons, but also the rudder, elevators and throttle (good for me who is getting into twin engine aircrafts).

The one feature missing on the 9303 compared to the 388s appears to be that the free mixers does not include trim. However, the dual servo feature should compensate for this.

/Red B.